Sunday, January 18, 2009

long time no... blog

We had Internet disconnected for a month or two, so I have not blogged in awhile. First, how was Christmas? How was New Years? Please comment. I have not seen any birds at the feeder for awhile. My cousin and I had a challenge (again) to see who could see the most birds in a week. It was fun. The score was, 48(me) to 32(my cousin) yea... I win! Anyway it was all fun. In the summer, we're planning on doing the same challenge, except with reptiles instead of birds. For Christmas, I got a Nerf gun, a flint and steel, the game Risk, two flash lights, and a whole lot of candy! For New Years, we stayed home and watched three movies, and of course ate food. Well... that's all that the Olson family did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi McKay, great blog! Glad to see you're loving birding when you're so young. I'm in Utah County (Orem) and I'm also the About.com Guide to Birding and Wild Birds. You can check out my blog on About.com or my personal one, BackyardBirdsUtah, for lots of info on the birds I see. Do you get Western Scrub Jays at your feeders? If you're patient, you'll be able to feed them by hand. They're not around too much in the winter, but they'll be around in the summer. Cheers!