Thursday, March 12, 2009

birds are everywhere

today, I woke up early to fill up the feeders and noticed that there where birds every were!! so I filled up the feeders and put some cracked walnuts on the ground, then I went inside and noticed that I had forgotten to put some ground seed out on the ground, so I got the bag of bird seed and I had also noticed that there was a group of pine siskens at my feeders, so I got a hand full of seed and was about to through it when a pine sisken landed right on my hand and started eating the birdseed out of my hand!!!

I also saw
flickers,
finches,
house and junco sparrows,
blue gray warblers,
starlings,
robins,
California gulls,
Eurasian colored doves,
morning doves,
and downy woodpeckers.

anyway, today has been a great day for birding!

No comments: